Timeline

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What happens after the Dossier goes to Ethiopia?

Once I get the USCIS document back I can send my Dossier to Ethiopia. The USCIS document can take anywhere from 1 - 3 months. Once the Dossier goes to Ethopia it will get translated and I wait for the following steps.

Referral -*aproximately 4-6 months after Dossier is sent

  • The Board of Toukoul receives the Dossier and refers child

  • Acceptance of referral by me

  • Documents submitted to Ministry of Women's Affairs

Court -

  • Ministry of Women's Affairs reviews documents and case proceeds to court

  • Us Embassy is notified of my trip and court documents translated

  • Medical appointment at US Embassy approved clinic for my child

Travel - *aproximately 3-4 months after referral

  • Travel to meet my child

  • Go to US Embassy with Ethiopian lawyer for Visa

Welcome Home -

  • Celebrate

  • Welcome home interview with agency - post placement and final documents

No comments:

Post a Comment